As a believer, you can live for God today. Listen below to find out how:Continue Reading
News & Events
Yesterday, September 11, my family and I celebrated 15 years of being here at Lighthouse Baptist Church, with me serving as pastor. We were humbled and incredibly blessed by our church family who made the day special for us. My father-in-law, Dr. Dennis Ice—former headmaster of Heritage Hall Christian School in Muncie, Indiana and current director of the Indiana Association of Christian Schools—was brought in as our special guest preacher. He challenged us from the life of Caleb from Numbers 13, who was a man “who wholly followed the Lord (Josh. 14:14).” This is the kind of people all of us need to be each day!
Afterward we enjoyed a full catered meal and watched a video presentation of the last 15 years. It was difficult keeping back the tears as I viewed picture after picture of all of the people we have had the privilege to minister to over the years. Without a doubt, God has worked through the faithful service of our people here and many lives have been impacted by the Word of God and the godly testimony of His children. God gets the glory!
Later, our children each received a special gift from the church and my wife Cassandra—whose support and help in the ministry here is beyond words—was given a beautiful pearl necklace. Lastly, our family received a wonderful gift, sacrificially given by our Lighthouse family. What a joy and privilege to serve with each of our families! God is so good to us through each one of them.
We are so incredibly thankful for everyone at Lighthouse that made the day special and particularly for our deacons and their wives. Praise the Lord for His abounding grace!
Pastor De LeonContinue Reading
Here are the announcements from the Lighthouse pulpit last Sunday:
- We are just 2 weeks away from our Discipleship Conference where we will have Jeff Musgrave here presenting the Exchange Seminar. Please be aware of the following:
- The Seminar begins Saturday, May 7 at 8 am to Noon. Everyone was encouraged to be sure to arrive early as we will start right at 8 am. Also, there will be a Children’s Program (Saturday only), run by Cassandra De Leon, for children ages 3 – 8 yrs.
- Sunday, May 8 will include a general session during the Sunday School hour at 9:15 am (please be early), followed by a worship service at 10:15 am with Bro. Musgrave preaching. There is no need to bring refreshments as we will have no Fellowship time, with us ending at 11:30 am Sunday morning.
- The Seminar continues Sunday-Wednesday evenings, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Again, please be early.
- Thank you to all who have already signed up to provide meals to the Musgrave’s while they are here.
- There will be no teen choir or reader’s theater practices on this day.
- We have a very important pre-VBS meeting next Sunday, May 1, right after Growth Point for all of the Coordinators that pastor has already spoken with.
- Wednesday, May 4, we will have our 1st Quarter Budget church business meeting.
- Not mentioned: There will be a meeting, Wednesday, May 4, for all adult nursery workers and others who are weekly children’s teachers right after the service to discuss moving forward with Background Checks.
Here are the announcements from the Lighthouse pulpit yesterday:
- Next week is Resurrection Sunday! Everyone is encouraged to attend and invite others you know to come. We will have a full program of music, reader’s theater and a message on Christ’s resurrection.
- Come out for Saturday Soul Winning at 1 pm this week as we continue speaking to people about the Lord and also canvass for Easter services.
- Our Ladies’ Conference is scheduled for April 16 and our ladies are encouraged to invite their friends to attend. You can register here.
- Printed 2016 Church Calendars are now available at the Ministry table or you may view church events online here (scroll down). Here are some highlighted events:
- 100% Sunday on April 17
- Discipleship Conference: The Exchange Seminar, May 7-11
- Homeschool Graduation & Fine Arts Program on May 26
- Vacation Bible School, Ocean Commotion, June 27-30 with Canvass Sunday on June 12
- Blessings Sunday on July 3
- Chicken & Corn Roast on August 20
- Continue to pray for Sue M. as the most recent medication has not, at this point, helped get rid of her infection. Pray also for Bruce and Terri and the family during this time. Please try to communicate your love and support with them sometime this week.
- Not mentioned: There will be a brief walk-through Easter program rehearsal this coming Wednesday, March 23 right after the service for all those in the choir and reader’s theater.